Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Stuffed Smoked Pork Tender Loin

Had a good friend over for dinner last night, a buddy I hadn't seen in way to long. I'd say next to my dad, this dude is probably the reason I got into BBQ so much. Figured I'd make something I'd not done before on the pit ... have done them in an oven but never on a smoker. Smoked and Stuff Pork Loin.

Laid it out length wise on the cutting board and then sliced it open and flat.





 The filling: basil from the garden, fresh chopped garlic, extra virgin olive oil, minced sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, little sea salt. Also put in some Jalapeno and cheddar sausage (its what I had)...

Rolled/tied it up and dropped it on the pit @275 for about 2 and 1/2 hours ... until it reached 145-150 internal temp. Sprinkled the top with my pork rub.







Brought it in and let it rest for about 15 minutes before slicing it up.


Good solid moisture. Great flavor. Served with fresh corn on the cob and a tomato/cucumber/onion salad. Dinner started at 6:30pm .. I don't think we called it a night til almost 11pm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment