Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Brisket Pizza

So with all my cooking and experimenting lately, we've had a lot of extra meat getting vacuum sealed and tossed in the freezer. Solution presented itself when I purchased an Italian cookbook for my wife called Extra Virgin... she decided she wanted some pizza but BBQ too... as, a, result we had Brisket Pizza.

Learned I need to get a couple pizza stones for my pit but we improvised...

Almond flour pizza dough ... proofed for 3 hours and then hand tossed and stretch thin. Rubbed the bottom down with EVO.

Applied homemade tomato sauce (tomatoes from our garden), fresh shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, purple onions, garlic, olives, and smoked brisket. We wanted to add some basil but we were out.

Next time we're going to add some mushrooms and some avocado.

Heated the pit to 450ish ... pizza cooked for 25 to 30 minutes.






As always, thank you again for taking the time to check out my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment