Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bad BBQ

So today I went to lunch with my boss and a co-worker.  After we ran an errand it was decided to stop by Dickey's Barbecue Pit, 14th Street, Plano, TX.  Anyone that knows me will tell you this was not my suggestion or my first choice.  Needless to say we went in.

Wish I would have snapped some photos but ...

My boss ordered first and got the 3 rib plate.  I saw three dark and meager ribs being place on his plate and knew in an instant I would not be getting the ribs.  My boss wanted corn but they didn't have any so he settled for mashed potatoes and waited for some french fries to be made.  Watching him consume his meal reaffirmed my decision not to get the ribs and had he not slathered them in sauce I don't think he'd have finished.

My co-worker got the same thing as my boss.  He was happy with the meal but disappointed that one of the ribs was definitely DRY.  He needed sauce for flavor. 

*****GOOD BBQ DOES NOT NEED SAUCE!*****

Me I went with a 2 meat plate and tried the sausage and the pulled pork.  The Sausage, not made by them, was not bad but tasted like something I could get from the store and my 13 year old nephew could cook.  The pulled pork was dry, no liquid nothing, D-R-Y!  I had no choice to moisten with sauce.  First sauce I had was regular and way to sweet!  Luckily they had a spicy sauce that got me through about half of it before I just couldn't do it.  Man it was bad.

And let us not forget the man that was their that took his sandwich back as it was mostly a chunk of fat with little meat.

Overall - not going back ever.  You would have to drag me in kicking and screaming.  Just sayin..

No comments:

Post a Comment