Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hmmm Chicken (Chicken Leg Quarters)

So I was working more on my chicken this weekend. Been trying to get it to that next level.

Used two different rubs... my go to homemade rub and another rub that I got hooked up with from the BBQ Brethren Bash I went to. I forgot to write the name of it down but I'll edit this later with it. Isn't a fancy rub but its got a good solid flavor profile.

For this cook, I brought the pit up to 350... while it was warming up ... I lightly oiled each leg quarter with EVOO, then dusted them with the BBQ Brethren Bash rub and then sprinkled with mine. Went outside ... temp was good.

At 55 minutes in I cranked the temp up to 425 and dunked each leg quarter in my home made BBQ that I spiced up with some mango/habanero.

I then proceeded to baste them every 10 minutes for 30 minutes...

Pulled and rested them for about 15 minutes...




Loved the skin - was bite throw, had a bit of a caramelization / crunch to it. The heat was subtle and came on the 3rd of 4th bite in. Had a few people try it and they loved it. Said it was my best chicken ever!

"Bite-through skin, tender, juicy, just the right amount of heat and sweet.... Very, very good!"
Will be doing this again to make sure I can replicate! Loved it! My wife killed it too! I thought I'd have some left overs for today - but NOPE! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment