Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Zest Fest 2013 Ft Worth Texas

Zest Fest 2013 Ft Worth Texas (01/26/2013)

Hit Zest Fest this weekend with a couple buddies .... was fun and yet a little disappointing. I did get a couple things to try out however probably won't attend next year. Was really ercked by the number of NON-Spice / Pepper vendors there. Seriously what the heck does house siding, solar wind vents, and all that have to do with Peppers and Spice!?! Was also a little down that I didn't find anything that seriously brought the heat.


Was overall a good experience.  Plus I had my brother and good friends with me:  Joe, Craig, Josh, and Sam.


Above is me (left) and my BBQ and Spice buddy in crime Craig (right).  Below is Sam who had some heat and had to get some milk - milk that cost $2 for a itty bitty carton.





Some of the goodies from Zest Fest: 3 BBQ rubs (heard some good things about Texas Rib Ranger so thought I'd try their stuff out - just had to add a little more spice), a Moruga Scorpion hot sauce, ghost pepper infused chocolates, and a new knife. Good stuff and good times with great friends.


Update: I used the Scorpion Hot Sauce a bit - love the flavor and the heat from it.  The Rubs so far are OK.  Better than most premade rubs I've tried so far but I still prefer the flavor and texture of my own rubs.

I ended up with several business cards while there so I highly doubt I'll be back for a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment